Maintaining good oral health is crucial to keeping your well-being intact. Oral health issues can sometimes lead to diseases which in turn can increase the risk of heart disease. Enforcing good oral health requires regular brushing and flossing, and also involves making smart decisions in your diet. Keep on reading to learn about the top 5 foods you can incorporate into your diet to improve your oral health:
- Leafy Greens: Ensuring you receive the correct number of vitamins and minerals is necessary for your overall health and well-being. Dark, leafy greens such as spinach, kale, and Swiss chard are a great source of these vitamins and minerals and are especially high in calcium. Calcium contributes to the main trance of strong bones, including your teeth and gums. Furthermore, the high amount of fibre found in leafy greens encourages saliva production which helps to cleanse your teeth.
- Crunchy Fruits and Vegetables: Crunchy foods like celery and carrots act as natural toothbrushes. Their texture helps to scrub plaque and debris from your teeth.
- Lean Protein: Poultry, eggs, and other foods rich in lean proline include nutrients like phosphorus which help to keep enamel strong.
- Green Tea: Known for its many benefits, green tea can also have a positive impact on oral health by preventing the growth of bacteria and by reducing the risk of gum disease and cavities as it is rich in antimicrobial polyphenols.
- Dairy: Milk, cheese, and yoghurt are all rich in calcium and phosphorus. As mentioned above, these nutrients have a positive impact on your teeth.
Incorporate these foods into your diet and be sure to also practice good oral hygiene habits daily. For more tips, visit My Chemist Plus blog to learn a wealth of oral health knowledge.